Being Eco-Friendly for the Holidays

Hello All,
I hope everyone enjoyed had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I know I enjoyed my spending time with my family. Usually one of our family traditions is to start putting up our Christmas decorations together. One of my favorites Christmas decorations is the wreath. I think wreaths add so much to a room or an outdoor setting.
Holiday wreaths made from boxwood or pine, mini bottle brush ornament wreaths, feather wreaths, and wreaths made of vintage ornaments — yes, yes, yes, and yes, please! But, my latest enjoyment is falling head over heels for are paper wreaths, which are fantastic because they’re usually inexpensive to make, and you can use recycled material!
Here are a few of my favorite paper wreath tutorials. I don’t know about you, but my family and I will be creating some of these of this Christmas Season!


Lindsay from Living with Lindsay shows us how to make an awesome wreath using pages from a book that she bought at the dollar store. I can’t get over how beautiful this wreath is for how inexpensively it was made, and I’ve already got a thrift store book ready to make my own – spotted on Dollar Store Crafts :

Use cut strips of patterned paper to create the lovely looped paper wreath over at Razzle Dazzle Crafts – spotted on Folding Trees :

Use gift wrap, patterned paper, magazine pages, etc. to make the oh so pretty paper leaf wreath by Lisa of The Red Thread:

You can use whatever type of papers you’d like examples(unused gift wrap, old books, old yellow pages, newspaper, sales papers, old sheet music)!

I will be listing a few NEW items in my etsy shop in
the next few weeks so check back with me!!
Smiles,
Elaine

Comments

Brandi McKenna said…
Love these Elaine! I hope you make a bunch! They are really fancy!
Hanni said…
I just love your wreaths, they are so unique. Lovely blog.
Thelma-Art said…
So amazing!! I'm to late to do it, maybe next year!! Happy Holidays!!

Popular Posts