The Simple Things...

Have you ever just stopped to enjoy some of the simple things in life. Sometimes the littles things can bring you joy and brighten your day. This morning while walking my daughter to the bus stop I noticed rows and rows of these delicate and oh so beautiful spun spider webs lined up. The morning dew glistened on them which made them look like crystal. It was such a pretty site to see. Now, spiders and I aren't the closes of friends but I had to snap a few shots of them. The photos I took don't show the true beauty of them but here are a few photos for you to check out. Also, the spiders set in the center of each web. I wonder how long it took them to create each one? Here are a few photos for you to enjoy.








I love the changing of the seasons and all the wonderful colors. I noticed how beautiful the trees looked this morning when I was walking my daughter to the bus stop and decided to take a picture and share it with everyone.



This is a photo I took this morning from my back porch. Very beautiful to me. The grass was fresh with the morning dew and the sky was lightly frosted with a mist of fog as the sun was just starting to rise.

I also wanted to share some information with you about an upcoming event that I will be participating in starting on Sunday, September 3oth. the event is through the
Canal Winchester Art Guild which I am a member. There will be some beautiful artwork that will be on display in the Museum and available for purchase. Part of the proceeds from the show will be donated to the Wagnall Memorial Foundation. Read below for more information.


On Sunday, September 30th Wagnalls Memorial Foundation will host an opening reception for the Canal Winchester Art Guild exhibit. The exhibit will hang in the museum from September 30 through October 26, 2007 and will include two and three dimensional work (including fiber art, sculpture and jewelry) created by the members of the guild. The guild is represented by artists of all mediums and talent from novice to professional.. Members of the guild will generously donate 20% of the purchase price of the art to the Wagnalls Foundation. Come and enjoy a fall afternoon with the Guild while offering your support to this foundation of the community.
Wagnalls Memorial Foundation
150 E. Columbus Street
Lithopolis, OH 43136
614.837.4765 (ext. 106)
Museum Hours: Mon. - Thurs. 9 - 5
Sat. 10 - 2 and Closed Friday
Have a great weekend and stop and enjoy some of the simple things in life.

Smiles,
Elaine

Comments

Suzanne said…
Love your new banner Elaine! And your photos are beautiful...thanks for sharing. Enjoy your weekend, looks like fun!
jennie said…
Thanks so much for sharing, those photos are really cool to see!
I'm not hip on spiders, but those webs are amazing!
vivian said…
I had seen these pictures on your flickr and thought they were really beautiful also. I like how the two put their webs right next to each other and use each others for support. spider neighbors. I wonder if when one catches something if the other thinks he has something too as it must wiggle his web too when something gets caught.
anyways, those webs look big enough to catch a person!! ha!
I added your link on my site..
do you know how to add them with out all the http stuff showing up?
Carla said…
Elaine, I don,t like spiders, but your pictures are great. I have those webs in my garden also, brrrrrrrrr. Love your new banner!
Have a nice day,

Carla

Popular Posts