Art Resolutions: What's New for 2009




Hello All,


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!


Here are a few Artisty New Year resolutions for myself. Let me know some of your resolutions. Happy Creating!!!


1. I'll set aside at least 30 minutes a day to do something creative or inspiring.

2. I'll try something new.

3. I'll give more of myself to others.

4. I'll view the world differently.

5. I'll enjoy everyday!!!


Okay, after the sweets and treats of the holidays, it's time to get back on track with some healthy food choices. I found this great site called AllRecipes which makes sticking to this year's resolutions easier to follow with dishes that are just as tasty as they are healthy.



This one sounds yummy:



Almond-Orange Tossed Salad
INGREDIENTS
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup sliced almonds
4 cups torn iceberg lettuce
4 cups torn romaine
1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
1 large ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
1/2 cup diced celery
2 green onions, sliced

DRESSING:
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a small skillet over medium-low heat, cook sugar, without stirring for 12-14 minutes or until melted. Add almonds; stir quickly to coat. Remove from the heat; pour onto waxed paper to cool.
2. In a large serving bowl, combine the ice berg lettuce, romaine, oranges, avocado, celery, onions and almonds. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad; toss gently to coat.


REMINDER: to check out Pfatt on the 10th of each month for NEW designs from me. Also, check back for information on where I will be featured next. I am so excited!! I will give you a clue. They celebrate Halloween and Christmas year round. : ) I will keep you updated.


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Comments

vivian said…
could it be earth angels?? or baycove??
happy new year!
Wonderful post, Elaine. Happy New Year. :)
Carla said…
Happy new year to you also Elaine.
My resolutions:
1. enjoying every day with my family
2. hope to create a lot this year
3. keeping my eyes open for the need of others
4. hoping to do my part of making this world a little better
5. having my own first exposition of painting this year
Unknown said…
Yeah! Happy New Year....all of those resolutions are great! Love the salad recipe too..I have definitely fell off the wagon, the holidays always do that to me...ugh! Back to the grind tomorrow. Have a happy creating day!! Hugs, Jackie
~dani~ said…
Hey sweetie...I LOVE that site, allrecipes.com I forgot about them..I used to submit goodies although never photo's. I have gotten some of our very favs from them. Great plug!!

Your new year list is awesome. I think I should do one too, good for the soul.

Blog looks great btw!! Very nice.

Dani~

Popular Posts