Busy Week


Hello All,

I know that the last time I posted anything was well over a week ago. Things have been really crazy for me. My Aunt pasted away last week so I was a bit down and just wanted to spend time remembering her and the time that we spent together. The services were really nice and got to visit with family. Also, my dear daughter decided to go bike riding without her gear and she split her chin open. WoW!!! that was a sight to see. : ( She had to get six stitches. I just hope she doesn't have a permanent scare on her chin. She told me she didn't want to ride her bike anymore. I just told her she needs to listen to mom and wear her gear. Wow! I sound like my mom. Never thought I would be saying that!! ;) I am just thankful she didn't break her jaw or knock her teeth out. She is doing much better this week and my spirits are up as well. I know losing a loved one is never easy. I know time well help me feel better.
I am busy in the studio this week finishing up some designs for DEMDACO and working on some pieces for American-Folk-Art which will feature an Americana theme this month. Make sure you visit the site on June 25th for the release. I will post pics of my progress for you later.
It seems like the last few pics that I posted were about food. I love to eat. So here are some more (lol). The family and I visited a restaurant called Hoggy's. I was really good. The exterior reminds you of an old barn. It is really cool. Once you walk inside the smells are wonderful and the atmosphere reminds me of old time down on my grandpa's farm. It is sort of nestled back in the hills. Here are some pics for you to view. Well, back to work I go. I will talk to you later. Smiles, Elaine





Comments

Suzanne said…
Hi Elaine~
I'm so sorry about your aunt. It is difficult to lose someone we love. Hope things slow down for you a bit, and that your daughter feels better.

The restaurant looks fun. Can't wait to see what you've been working on.
Sylvia Anderson said…
Elaine~ I am so sorry about your aunt....the loss of a loved one is never easy. You are a wonderful mom and hopefully your daughter will learn from her mistake, and not be afraid to get back up on that bike and try again! Some lessons we have to learn the hard way growing up. That restaraunt looks so fun!! I wish we had places like that here in Sac!
Miss you, and hope you have a slower paced week. :)
Anonymous said…
So sorry for your loss, and I'm sending your daughter healing vibes. Poor baby!
Kitty Forseth said…
Hi Elaine!

How are you? I found your blog through Sylvia.. she knows everyone!

Let me know if you would like to link blogs, I'll add ya in a heartbeat :).

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your Aunt.. my it's been quite the week here.. :(. So much sadness.. please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care,

Kitty
Sam I Am said…
hi elaine! im sorry to hear about your aunt :( i will send some prayers your way..and sending you lots of cyber hugs {{{{{elaine}}}}

love this barn..and the inside is amazing! how fun!!!

i sent you an email..regarding the pfatt marketplace.. wasn't sure if your email had changed since you moved..so let me know if you didn't get it..k?
hugs...sandy
Kitty Forseth said…
Mornin Elaine!

Thanks so much for adding my link, I've added yours as well :). Sorry it took a few days, things were kind of crazy here.

xoxo Kitty

Popular Posts