In the Dog House


Wow! it is midnight. I finally have some free time to updated my blog. I have been busy with the kids and doing some much needed work around the house. I managed to sneak away for a few hours the other day and found this old vanity. I thought it was a GREAT find!! However, once I got it home. My Dear Hubby had other thoughts about it. He didn't like it a bit and asked me to return it. I told him sorry, but no refunds. He was a bit upset with me but he will be okay. : ) My thought for this piece was to repaint it and use it in my office. Oh! my office. I also did an overhaul on it this week. It is much better. I just needed to organize a bit and change some things around. Tell me what you think of the vanity. I will show you photos after I am completed the painting. I just want to have sort of a white wash appearance. Something really simple.

What else is going. I have a lot of pans on the fire for the next few weeks so I will do my best to post as often as a can. I wanted to also share some photos of my drive home. It helps me relax and appreciate the simple things in life. I love living out in the country. Check them out

There are several farms we pass on our ride home. The cows are my kids favorite. They are always pretending that the cows are the California cheese cows. It is really cute. We also pass by a few horses and sheep. It is a very relaxing drive.











This is a photo of onr og many wonderful homes located in downtown Canal. I just love!the look of this home! To see it in person you would just fall in love with it as well.





Well, I need to go get me some rest. I will post again soon. Oh! I will have to tell you about Harvest Moon in Canal. Talk to you later.
Elaine

Comments

What a pretty town you live in!!! And I love the vanity!!! It has lovely lines. What color are you thinking of painting it? I am sure whatever you decide it will turn out beautifully!
Suzanne said…
Elaine~
I love the vanity you found! Can't wait to see photos when you have it finished. And the photo of the home is wonderful! I just love old houses.
Sam I Am said…
oooo elaine...love the vanity!!! i can't wait to see how it turns out!! i know it will be awesome after you put your touches on it!!!
sorry your hub was a poopy-head about it.. but once he see's how you fix it up..he'll love it too :)

lotsa hugs..
sandy
SweetAnnee said…
I LOVE the vanity..Can't wait to see how you paint it. SOmetimes, hubby's just don't get it!!
LOL
Deena

Popular Posts