What do you Think???

Hello all I finished the vanity for my studio. I think it turned out nice. My dear hubby said he likes it as well. The photos are'nt the best. You really can;t see how I distressed the piece. But I painted it white and lightly sanded all the edges so the natural wood shows. I decided that I didn't need to stain it. I think it looks nice without it. My studio is still a work in progress. The room is painted in sort of an antique white which to me looks more like a taupe or beige color. So I thought the white would make the piece standout in my studio. Here are a few photos. I will post a few more photos later. Hopefully those will look better. My dear hubby is going to replace the flooring the room so I will have easy clean up. Not sure what I want to put down. Anyone have any suggestions let me know.


I got to see a sweet, sweet, friend of mine this past weekend. She and I worked together some years back. I would say it has been well over 3 years since we have seen each other. But we still managed to stay in touch over the years. She is awesome. Such a talented young lady. She has a gift for writing. She has written several books and is working on a screenplay right now. When she called me and told me she would be in town I was so excited. We decided to meet at the Mozart Cafe. The food was okay. But the dessert, I decide to try a slice of carrot cake. That's healthy right? : ) Well, after ordering it and taking that first bite I wished I had just a plain carrot becuase it was quite dry and tasteless. Not sure if I would eat there again. Maybe. I just won't order dessert. We had a nice time together. She also came down with two other friends who were quite nice. Silly me, I didn't get a photo of them. But, Dawn and Kylan I really enjoyed meeting you all. We will difinitely have to get together again. This is a photo of my friend Nicole.



Hey, I think I mentioned this in one of the first post about joining a local art guild. Well the group has some of our art work on display at a very popular coffee house in town. It has a really nice atmosphere and tons a people visit. So, if you are in downtown Canal stop in and see some of the artwork.



Comments

Diane Duda said…
Can't wait to see the "after" pictures of your studio. The vanity looks grea!

Di
jennie said…
Hi! thanks for sharing your blog address with me! the vanity is really cool!! It was so great to hear from you! i'll email back tomorrow. my blog's a little boring, but you're welcome to check it out! sometimes it's just me venting though!
Suzanne said…
Elaine~

I love the vanity! It turned out great. Looking forward to more photos of your studio.
So glad you had fun catching up with your friend too.
The art guild sounds great... having a place that is local to display your art and meeting other artists would be wonderful.
Elaine, this looks so wonderful, you did a great transformation.
The art guild sounds wonderful, too.
Lidy
The vanity looks beautiful! Great job!! Have you figured out what kind of flooring to do yet? I think I I was doing a studio, I'd do laminate or vinyl because it it's easy to clean and I am a very messy artist!!!!!:-).

Popular Posts