Menu Mondays

Hello All,



Okay I have a dish for you today to really fill your stomach. I love southern cooking and my favorite foodnetwork cook is Paula Dean. She is the best to me when it come to down home cooking. Well, this dish isn't from her but I think it has a southern flair. Give it a try:



Black Skillet Beef With Greens and Red Potatoes Recipe

Ingredients:

1 pounds beef, top round steak
1 tablespoon paprik
1 1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper, black
1/8 teaspoon pepper, red ground
1/8 teaspoon mustard, dry
8 potato(es), red, halved
3 cup(s) onion(s), finely chopped
2 cup(s) broth, beef
2 clove(s) garlic, minced
2 large carrot(s), peeled, cut into very thin, 2 1/2-inch strips
2 bunch(es) mustard greens, (or kale or turnip greens) stems removed, coarsely torn


Preparation:

1. Partially freeze beef. Thinly slice across grain into long strips 1/8-inch thick and 3 inches wide.
2. Combine paprika, oregano, chili powder, garlic powder, black pepper, red pepper, and dry mustard. Coat strips of meat with spice mixture.

3. Spray large, heavy skillet with nonstick coating. Preheat pan over high heat. Add meat and cook, stirring, for five minutes. Then add potatoes, onion, broth, and garlic, and cook covered over medium heat for 20 minutes. Stir in carrots, lay greens over top, and cook covered until carrots are tender, about 15 minutes.

4. Serve in large serving bowl with crusty bread for dunking.

Comments

Sweet B Folkart said…
What a great recipe! I often watch Paula Dean and wish that my mom had cooked like her when I was growing up! LOVE the butter!!


Your work on Spookytime Jingles is adorable - I have been out of the loop and wanted to tell you how much I admire your style lady!


- Sweet B

Popular Posts