Menu Mondays


Hooray and Happy Monday to you!!


I am so excited that the weather is warming up and the sun is shining bright. Okay, Valentines day is just around the corner I hope you have some sweets for your sweetie. If not, try making this Chocolaty goodness. I am sure they will love for it!!


Chocolate Cheesecake II
"Chocolaty goodness in a cheesecake!"


INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs

2 tablespoons white sugar

1/4 cup butter, melted

1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips

1/4 cup heavy whipping cream

3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened

1 cup white sugar

1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

3 eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

1/4 cup heavy whipping cream

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9 inch springform pan.

In a small bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs, 2 tablespoons sugar, and melted butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 1/2 inch up the sides of the prepared 9 inch springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 minutes. Allow to cool. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).


To Make Filling: In a small saucepan, heat 1/4 cup whipping cream and 1/4 cup chocolate chips, stirring constantly, until chips are melted. Remove from heat. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and 1 cup of sugar until smooth. Add cocoa and beat well. Add eggs and beat on low until just blended. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla and reserved chocolate mixture until blended. Pour over crust. Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 45 to 50 minutes or until center is almost set.


To Make Topping: In a small saucepan, heat 1/4 cup whipping cream and 1 teaspoon vanilla until just before boiling. Stir constantly and be careful not to boil over. Have 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips ready in a small bowl. Pour in the hot cream and stir with a spoon until smooth. Spread over baked cheesecake and refrigerate overnight.


Happy Valentine's Day to you!!

Comments

vivian said…
My hubby loves cheesecake.. but I think i'm making him pineapple upside down cake..
I'm sooo impressed that you have been back everyweek! yay!!
hugs
vivian
Sounds so yummy. my husband likes ceesecake...m...
Happy early birthday to my favorite creative!!!
I nominated you for an award, but I can't leave the pic in the comments so you'll just have to visit my blog and find out what i had to say about you.
Thank you for being the wonderful, creative goddess you are!
And happy birthday!
Unknown said…
mmm....sounds yummy!!! I sent you an email but it bounced back saying your mailbox was full....my owl is in my etsy shoppe...hope you had a wonderful birthday and heart day!! Hugs, Jackie

Popular Posts