Dollar Deals and Menu Mondays

Hello All,


I hope your had a great weekend. I was trying to stay dry with all the rain we got over the weekend. The sooth my raining day blues I decided to venture out and do a bit of thrifting. I was so excited when I found this piece. I just fell in love with I saw it. You won't believe what I paid for it. It was marked for $15 but once I got to the register. The cashier information that the special promotion tag for that day was the same as the tag on my wonderful piece. So my grand total was $1 dollar. Woo Hoo!!!! Man, was I excited!! I will be putting her in my office. I added the tiara.




Great Find of only $1 dollar

Okay, I haven't forgotten about Menu Mondays. I just wanted to update you on a few things. Remember to see a few new designs on PFATT Marketplace on March 10th as well as on my blog. Just click on the link located in the upper right hand corner of my blog. I am thinking spring and will have alot more pieces available in the upcoming weeks.

Now, onto the recipe. I was thinking with the raining weather that something warm and soothing would be great. So how about some slow cook soup. Give it a try and let me know how you like it.

Slow Cooker Creamy Potato Soup

"This is a very rich and creamy soup. A great family favorite. It may be cooked on the stove or in a slow cooker. Garnish with chives, if desired."

PREP TIME 30 Min
COOK TIME 6 Hrs 30 Min
READY IN 7 Hrs

INGREDIENTS:

6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 onion, finely chopped
2 (10.5 ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
2 cups water
5 large potatoes, diced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups half-and-half cream
1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk

DIRECTIONS:

Place bacon and onion in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until bacon is evenly brown and onions are soft. Drain off excess grease. Transfer the bacon and onion to a slow cooker, and stir in chicken broth, water, potatoes, salt, dill weed, and white pepper. Cover, and cook on Low 6 to 7 hours, stirring occasionally. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and half-and-half. Stir into the soup along with the evaporated milk. Cover, and cook another 30 minutes before serving.

Thanks,
Elaine

*Remember check back for new pieces on March 10th*

Comments

Unknown said…
Wow...that's what I call a find!
Yummy recipe too.
Elizabeth
Unknown said…
Visiting again...I gave you the sisterhood award!
Elizabeth

Popular Posts